Questions about how to register? We have answers.

We are unable to dispense medical marijuana to anyone who hasn’t registered with the state of Connecticut through their physician. Here are answers to common questions about the registration process and qualifying conditions.

Who is eligible to use medical marijuana?

You must be 18 years of age, a Connecticut resident and be diagnosed by a Connecticut-licensed physician as having one of the following debilitating medical conditions:

  • Cachexia
  • Cancer
  • Crohn’s disease
  • Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
  • Epilepsy
  • Glaucoma
  • Multiple sclerosis
  • Parkinson’s disease
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Wasting syndrome

Inmates confined in a correctional institution or facility under the supervision of the Department of Correction will not qualify, regardless of their medical conditions.

How do I register as a medical marijuana patient and/or register a caregiver?

Patients must be registered through their physicians in order to receive medical marijuana.  To do so, you must:

Find a prescribing physician.
Ask your primary care provider or specialist if they are able to prescribe medical marijuana for you. If not, call us—we can help you with any next steps.

  1. Get registered by your physician.
    Only your physician can initiate your application with Connecticut’s Department of Consumer Protection for a medical marijuana certificate. You will need to:
    • Provide a valid email address and primary telephone number.
    • Your physician will create a DAS Business Network Account so you can access the online registration system.
  2. Submit your registration paperwork.
    • Log in to your account, verify that the information submitted by your physician is correct and answer a series of certification questions.
    • Submit proof of identity, proof of Connecticut residency, a current passport-size photograph of yourself and a $100 registration fee. You can upload these documents and pay the fee when you submit your registration application online, or you can mail them to the Department of Consumer Protection.
  3. Register your primary caregiver, if applicable.  If your physician indicates a need for you to have a primary caregiver, you must register a qualified caregiver before you can receive a registration certificate. The Department of Consumer Protection will not register a patient who needs a primary caregiver until the caregiver’s application is completed and approved. Click here for information about registering as a primary caregiver.

If you require assistance in the process call us or email us and we can help you through it.

What if my health issue is not on the list of qualifying conditions?

A board of physicians will recommend to the Department of Consumer Protection any medical conditions, treatments or diseases to be added to the list of medical conditions that qualify for the use of medical marijuana. To be added as a qualifying condition, those recommendations will need to be approved by the department and implemented by the adoption of a regulation. Members of the public can petition the board of physicians to recommend additional qualifying conditions.

Someone said they can help me get registered. Are they legitimate?

The only person who can help you get registered is your physician. The state of Connecticut’s Department of Consumer Protection is not working with any third-parties in connection with the patient and caregiver registration process. Please do not trust anyone other than your physician.

What can I do if I feel I require medical marijuana, but my physician will not register me?

If you have a qualifying medical condition and your physician won’t register you for medical marijuana use, you can try another physician—and we can help.

Already registered?

Here’s what to know now.

Patients who are already registered through their physicians are eligible to receive and use medical marijuana. When you need us, we’ll be here for you—and to make sure you’re ready, here are answers to some common questions.

How do I choose Arrow Alternative Care as my dispensary?

Log into the DAS Business Network’s online registation system to select Arrow Alternative Care as your dispensary.

Where can I park?

We are conveniently located just north of downtown Hartford, with a free parking lot available right in front of our building.

What do I need to bring with me to pick up my medical marijuana?

Just bring your medical marijuana registration card, a valid photo ID and payment.

Can I use medical marijuana anywhere?

No. Connecticut law prohibits the use of medical marijuana:

  • in a bus, school bus or any moving vehicle
  • in the workplace
  • on any school grounds or any public or private school, dormitory, college or university property
  • in any public place
  • in the presence of anyone under the age of 18

Medical marijuana is also prohibited if it endangers the health or well-being of another person, other than the patient or primary caregiver.

How much marijuana can I have on hand?

The maximum allowable monthly amount is 2.5 ounces, unless your physician indicates a lesser amount is appropriate.

Will my health insurance cover medical marijuana?

You will need to check with your own insurer, but health insurers are not required by law to cover medical marijuana.

3 Locations To Choose From:

Get in Touch!

92 Weston Street, Suite 16 
Hartford, CT 06120

Telephone: 860-246-HOPE (4673)
Fax: 860-519-1852

Monday-Friday 10am-8pm
Saturday: 10am-6pm
Sunday: 10am- 3pm

255 W River St
Milford, CT 06461

Telephone: 203-874-HOPE (4673)
Fax: 203-783-1995

Monday-Friday 10am-8pm
Saturday: 10am-6pm
Sunday: 10am- 3pm

814 East Main Street
Stamford, CT 06902

Telephone: 203-324-4673
Fax: 475-292-0520

Monday-Friday 10am-8pm
Saturday: 10am-6pm
Sunday: 10am- 3pm